What We Do
The Dietitians Explore! team collaborates with dietitians in the host destination to create trips that truly inspire our participants. As such, each trip provides a unique food, nutrition and cultural learning experience and may take place in a variety of settings such as community, clinical, public health, or administration.
Dietitians Explore! was created by Registered Dietitians and is led by Registered Dietitians.
For future Canadian dietetic professionals:
Dietitians Explore! invites your passion for nutrition and travel to a life-changing experience that will help you build your portfolio and develop as a dietetic professional.
Our team will:
- Provide you with an international professional development trip with mentorship provided by a local host dietitian
- Provide a dynamic itinerary of activities that will allow you to challenge and build upon your existing knowledge and skills
- Match you with a Dietitians Explore! team member as your coach from pre-departure to your return; with your coach you will set personal and professional goals to pursue throughout your trip
- Assign you an on-site project that will engage your nutrition knowledge, creativity and problem solving skills
- Provide resources to assist with your travel arrangements for accommodations, travel safety and leisure activities
For international dietitian hosts:
Dietitians Explore! provides you with an opportunity for leadership and an opportunity to contribute to the dietetic profession on an international level. Hosts enjoy a well-organized and fully-supported experience that they can use toward their own professional development obligations!
Our team will:
- Match you with a Dietitians Explore! team member as the main contact who will collaborate with you to plan the trip itinerary and will attend the trip in the host destination
- Provide a customized orientation manual that includes program details, participant profiles and an easy-to-follow guide to your role as a mentor
- Work with participants before the trip so that they arrive to the host destination prepared to fully engage in this international professional development opportunity
- At the completion of the trip, provide dietitian mentors with a certificate of participation and a monetary honorarium
- As a dietitian host you will learn about dietetic practice in Canada and build connections with Canadian Registered Dietitians and future dietetic professionals.